Friday, September 21, 2012

Shakyetra Ashford

Group Discussion:
- At first we picked color for our principle. Emotional color, and color symbolism for our elements.
- We then figured we couldn't do that. So we changed our principle to Emphasis and Focal Point. And put Color and Line as our elements.

Timeline:
Day 1: Group Disussion
Day 2: Think of what I might want to do. (Tattoo Advertisement, Logo, or a Kid Cudi Poster.)
Day 3: Eliminate it down to one.
Day 4: Decided I wanted to make a Kid Cudi Poster.
Day 5: Looked for pictures that id like to include in my poster.
Day 6: Decided I didn't want to make a Kid Cudi Poster.
Day 7: Went back to Day 2.
Day 8: Decided I was going to make a Tyler, the Creator Poster.
Day 9: Sketched out ideas.
Day 10: Worked in Photoshop before the 30 day trial ended.
Day 11: Did research about Tyler, the Creator. Put everything onto Blogger.
Day 12: Got the poster printed, and glued onto the Mat Board.

Problems I Had:
The problem I had during this project was getting it printed. The reason behind that is because my 30 day trial had ended. And every place I went to get it printed said I needed to go back into Photoshop and fix the resolution and image size, so that I wouldnt lose quality. The plan I came up with was downloading Photoshop on a different computer. I tried doing that at home, but it was taking too long. At the last minute my mom decided we should just go McDonalds and use their Wi-Fi. We left the house around 8:31 PM and didnt come back home until 12:40 AM. But hey, i got what i needed done, which is all that matters.

I Am A Designer:
Black and white to splashing bright colors. Crazy strange figures to simple shapes. White canvas and Ink that will one day change what others think. I am a designer and I will help create tomorrow's future.

Tyler, the Creator. Photoshop Illustration by Shakyetra Ashford. 15September 2012.

Left Picture: "666." 666. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Sept. 2012. http://loitersquadtyler.tumblr.com/.
Right Picture: Tyler, the Creator. Photoshop Illustration by Shakyetra Ashford. 15 September 2012.



No comments:

Post a Comment